View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 05:08 PM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by I was inverted View Post
^^^^see? Your type is the problem with the B6 pilot group and union, and is all too pervasive. Thanks for making my point.

There is zero chance the company would have been able to weather the attrition/lack of applicants storm without a raise. You clearly can’t comprehend the “they needed it more than the pilots” part of the equation. To assume that B6 pilots would still be making $25 less is beyond asinine. Hope you enjoy your sht contract for the next 4-6 years. Especially those beautiful reserve grid(s)that lineholders didn’t realize would affect them too. Keep voting yes to the first turd you see though. Especially if there’s some fear put out by the union that you can’t get anything more now, it’ll take a couple years and there’s too much risk to say no to ask for more, and that you’ll get them next time.
I don't know, it wasn't long after the contract extension that hiring got significantly reduced. And shortly after that they wanted VILs and now letting the list shrink anyway.

I agree at the moment it seemed we had all the leverage, and I voted no at the time. But never underestimate how much damage they would allow to prove a point. I don't think they could have held out long, but it turns out they wouldn't have needed to hold out long anyway. I suppose merger support would have been the next pressure point we could have forced if we didn't have a new CBA/extension.