View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 07:36 AM
machz990
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 777 CAP

Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
Established practice in and not grieved in 1999? From what I've read here...And, I know it must be accurate, if I read it here...is that people were still getting the actual fare until FOX came around.

Assuming that's true, it would seem if we really wanted to address this...The union would put out a formal request to all crewmembers asking for proof of this past practice.

The only place I've seen anyone ask for proof, is on APC.

How many of you guys, yourself, have proof that you got the actual fare until FOX? I, for one, never tried.
That is correct. I was getting my bank adjusted higher until the Fox system. Even after Fox I was getting my bank adjusted (or should I say I adjusted it on the expense report and it was getting approved) higher for a while. Now they are turning down all requests to adjust the bank higher if you deviate. Fox has only been out for what, a little over a year to 18 months?

I agree this has to be a priority item for the next contract but why should we have to fight for something we had for many years until a new software program came out?

It's hard for anyone to come up with proof that the fares were adjusted higher. We went from paper to the first electronic expense report and now to Fox. Who kept paper or expense reports from the old system? I didn't because I didn't know I was going to have to fight this battle back then. It was an approved procedure and my fares were adjusted higher 100% of the time if I submitted either an expense report or an email showing the higher fare as purchased by Corp. Travel for the scheduled D/H. The company is well aware of past precedence and has the expense report records to prove it. However as usual, the burden of proof is upon the pilots to prove to the company something they already know.