View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 04:29 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
We can't on one hand rail against the likes of Juan Browne's YouTube nonsense while at the same time make comments about an event based on nothing but somebody filming planes from the airport fence.

My guess is, if both of us knew each other's peers, they would say we believe we are right even when we are wrong. They misread us, or at least me. I know how often I'm wrong. I'm wrong a lot. It's just that I also appreciate how often our peers and superiors are wrong as well. They get it wrong just as often.

Folks, we are all likely wrong here. We don't have enough information to derive anything useful. But we CAN make a practical impact. We can let that training department, that OE student and that ERB do their work.
I believe, IMO, that tthe LTC took appropriate actions I/A/W the 757 FCTM

Bounced Landing Recovery

If the airplane should bounce, hold or re-establish a normal landing attitude and add thrust as necessary to control the rate of descent. Thrust need not be added for a shallow bounce or skip. When a high, hard bounce occurs, initiate a go-around. Apply go-around thrust and use normal go-around procedures. Do not retract the landing gear until a positive rate of climb is established because a second touchdown may occur during the go-around.

If higher than idle thrust is maintained through initial touchdown, the automatic speedbrake deployment may be disabled even when the speedbrakes are armed. This can result in a bounced landing.

At the end of the day, a good landing is one where one can walk away from. An excellent landing is one where the next crew can fly the same airframe one our after it's good landing.