View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:55 PM
downinthegroove
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

That's true. I grew up with a dad who is now only 52 and in year 24 at NWA. I saw what a good life once was for pilots. I like him and my two uncles accept that those days are gone.

It is a job now. This is nothing new. If you got in with false pretenses then that is your train to ride. I have had tougher jobs and been treated worse for less pay or a lot more depending on the job.

A lot of people are happy to bust ass and make 18.00 a hour in factories and on job sites. Do the unions need to step up and increase QOL? Absolutely. But would I rather not fly and do something I hate for the rest of my life? No. Absolutely not.

Things will change. They may get a lot leaner but they will get better. It's either that or the industry will be run into the ground. If that happens then I want to get my time while I can and then head elsewhere.

And try finding a good QOL living in Seattle and flying for a regional. Horizon is alright, my pops did that but I don't want to be a career FO. You gotta pay the piper now and then.