View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 10:58 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up You're right, CactusMike...

Hey CactusMike,

It sounds like you spent some time in the Islands and understand the Aloha (and Aloha Airlines' spirit) spirit. As a "haole-boy" that grew up in HI, I echo your sentiments.

By the way, I'm sorry about what's happened to the West (and East, actually) guys with the new union. I hope to see you back with ALPA soon, maybe sooner than later with the new merger talk. I know that it's a different story with my smaller airline compared to US Airways situation, but ALPA was the best thing that ever happened to my pilot group. I only have to look at all the licenses and medicals that were saved after ALPA came on the property to know that we did the right thing to organize. It was day and night the day after we became ALPA, when it comes to how we were treated by the Company and even the FAA. And now, even as we are in Chapter 11 like Aloha, they continue to fight for us...

I realize that I got off the thread a little, but I have seen many of your posts and feel for you guys.

Hang in there and good luck, Cactus, Aloha pilots, and all pilots everywhere. We really are all in this together, because when even one pilot, anywhere, is unemployed (or worse, paying for training or to work), it allows Management to say "hey, we have people who will PAY to do your job......"

Take Care,

B727DRVR