View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 08:58 AM
directbears
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by RJ Pilot
Guys, There are worst place to be at. AMR is at least very stable company right now.
For NOW. I can think of many scenarios where Eagle will be half or less the size that it is now. How about when the piece -o-sh!te contract expires? Granted that's a while off, but Eagle (IMHO) will be pieced apart and whipsawed like never seen before after that thing expires. How much more flying do you think will go to the connections or if AA takes back some of there flying? What will happen then? What if AMR gets the 170/190 and puts flowbacks into them. Those planes will take over "real" Eagle flying, but be staffed by APA folks leaving few jobs for “real” Eagle pilots. The crappy possibilities are endless. I ALWAYS heard that phrase, ".....at least a very stable company", but its funny how little I heard it when AA and Eagle furloughed and when the flowbacks came pouring in. You must be an Eagle captain (in which case you have been there at least 10+ years) or a flowback. Regardless, you don't have any perspective on how it will be for a new hire there.

Yes Long upgrades,although we currently running 10-16 Ca.upgrades for the last several months or so,so things are slowly moving.
So what's the most junior captain? What's the DOH of said captain?

My paycheck clears everytime.
That is THE lamest canned answer that always spewed out of the mouths of Eagle lifers. I know it’s possible to work for a place that goes under and leaves someone hanging out to dry for a paycheck, but TODAY that is HIGHLY unlikely at the regional carriers that most of the folks on this board are looking to go to get a job. That phrase must be in the Crusty Captain/Eagle Lifer handbook or something. I get sick just hearing that one.

Remember the grass isnt always greener on the other side.
True, but anything is greener compared to the dead grass in AMR/Eagles yard. That place is a career ender or at least a career obstacle to anyone starting out in the industry and WANTS TO MOVE ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS.

Dont listen to people that havent even step foot on AMR property for christ sakes.
PM for any info.
You can listen to me. Granted I'm a bit bitter (as if you couldn't tell) about the place and have a slightly subjective view, but it is one perspective that many ex-eagle folks share. I wasted my time at Eagle for 6 1/2 years before I decided to throw in the towel. Being passed up for upgrades three times and baby-sitting flowbacks just got old so I gave “The Beagle” the finger. The place disgusted me so much and affected my personal life so much that I got out of the industry all together.

Do the new folks on this board a favor and save the Eagle propaganda for the Job Fairs.