View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Taylor0289
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: college
Default Seneca

Seneca is the place to go if you want to work for AC. I'm in the same boat as you, but I found out I don't have all of the high school requirements to get in . So remember this, You must have grade 11 & 12 Physics and Chemistry to be eligible! That's what I won't have, so i'm opting for the next best place (so i've been told) Sault College.

As for Seneca, i've heard from a friend of a friend that the curriculum is intense, be prepared to work! it's 4 years with no summers off, but you come out of one of the most well regarded places for flight training in the country. As of this year, they have an RJ simulator so you get a number of hours training on that (somewhere around 50 IIRC) and is the only flight school with a 4 year degree in Aviation Applied Tech in the country. Sault and many others is just 3 years.

There is an entrance acceptance exam that must be passed with high ranking in order to get in first year, around 80 make it in. After the first year around half make it to the second year when the flying starts.

All this is coming from a friend of the family at AC, he has gave me a lot of help and information, so if you have any other questions i'll try to answer them.

Good luck!

Last edited by Taylor0289; 06-07-2006 at 11:21 AM.