Old 06-07-2006, 02:01 PM
desertdog71
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Gucci Jet Left

Originally Posted by Wonder-er
Just a young wonderer seeking for answers.

While I was researching about job salaries, I constantly see airline pilots in the top 10 highest paying jobs. It says that airline pilots earn $120k+ yearly, almost as high as doctors. Evidently, these numbers can only be achieved by the most experienced in the industry. Well, with this much earnings, major airline pilots are probably, or should be, rich people; maybe almost as rich as doctors. And I read that some pilots have other professions other that flying, thus further increase earnings. I know this is highly arguable, thats why im posting this thread.
However, despite all these earnings, why (according to what ive read) pilots are somewhat poor?

Im very naive but very interested in this induestry. Please shed me some light. Thanks!
This is a lucrative business indeed, however the journey to the top of the food chain is long. There will be plenty of eating Ramen along the way. Those numbers are from the top positions with Major carriers, and represent a minority of the group as a whole.