Thread: Frontier
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Pilot41
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by FAULTPUSH View Post
You forgot to mention that Frontier has what are possibly the best scheduling rules in the industry, and I can't complain about the pay. I made about $160,000 in my 5th year with F9 - there's not a lot of other places you can do that.

The sad irony is that if Frontier fails and Southwest succeeds, it would be solely due to hedging. It wouldn't be because Southwest has a better product.

I'm just waiting for the bubble to burst....
Sorry but it would mean SW has a better product. The SW product is made up of it's service and personal(management, pilot, FA's, rampers, CSR's, etc.)., they hedged others didn't or at least not like SWA. I laugh every time I hear someone say something like, " Southwest only made money because they hedged." Yeah, so what's your point. Thats good/smart business.

I also find sad that so many people on this board are waiting with glee at the prospect that SWA might lose money. From my point of view we should all be proud the a USA has one of the best managed and run airlines in the world for the past 30+ years. We should all hope that our own companies were run half as well. To date zero have come close, they have a great product.

As for how long Frontier has, I hope it goes on long after I'm gone. I feel sure that everyone there will do thier best to make it work.

Last edited by Pilot41; 05-11-2008 at 03:17 PM.