Old 06-08-2006, 07:51 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by aussieflyboy
hey people,

im a cfi/cfii in florida with about 600tt with 120 or so multi. i've seen on this site that the minimums for some of the regional airlines are around about 500-600 total with about 100 multi.

but how many people actually get in with those times?? obviously the more time the better but is there a line in the sand to shoot for beyond which your chances are markedly improved?? 750? 1000?

also how important are age and college degrees in the equation? im 23, and have finished 2 years of my 4 yr college degree. do i have a realistic shot or would i be wasting paper sending resumes to all the regional carriers?

i'd love to hear from ppl who got hired with the mins, or if anyone knows much about the hiring policy who can shed some light??

thanks guys
Usually the 500 hour jobs go to people with an affirmative action ticket or people who attended some kind of expensive academy program...if you qualify, you might get in at the published mins. Aside from that, competetive mins right now seem to 1000+ / 100+, although that can change...it was like 2000 / 300 a couple years ago.