View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Amazing Carl. I didnt know that DALPA had so much control over this deal. Where did you get this little tidbit of wisdom?

Carl, your little inferiority complex is wearing thin. I don't know any DAL pilots that trivialize what NWA brings to this party. It is all self induced on YOUR part. What is interesting is that when the argument suits you, it's woe is me... DAL doesn't think NWA brings anything... and on the other hand... all DAL wants is our routes and airplanes.
DALPA has an incredible amount of control over this process. As I've said many times before, if DALPA stalls the talks then all furloughs will be borne on the NWA side because of LOA 19. Many DAL folks here have said that won't happen....DALPA is only interested in getting a deal as quickly as possible. What has actually happened thus far? Nothing but stalling - in my opinion. Exactly what I feared would happen. With LOA 19, the infrastructure is in place to get NWA with the fewest number of pilots possible. Last time around, we negotiated a common contract in about 3 days. Now we've waited for over a month just to set a date for talks, and now that 3 days of talks have ensued, still no agreement at all. Can you say stalling??

My prediction is that stalling will be the name of the game going forward. The stalling will stop when all the necessary domestic cutbacks are finished with combined airline, all the NWA pilots that can be furloughed are furloughed, then DALPA will be ready to integrate a seniority list. I really hope I'm wrong, but the actions of DALPA thus far keep showing me that this is the plan.

By the way tsquare, I've never said that DALPA trivializes what NWA brings to this party - quite the contrary. I've said that all DAL wants is the Pacific routes and the 3.5B in cash while placing the maximum number of NWA pilots on the bottom of a combined SLI. I'll look forward to ANY evidence that DALPA is not pursuing this strategy.

Carl