View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 05:25 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Well then

Originally Posted by de727ups View Post
"Horizon Air put Cascade Airways out of business when they started flying metro liners on Cessna 402 routes."

Cascade never flew 402's and Horizon bought Cascade out before they "went out of business".

Moses Lake has seen Horizon service in the past. Big Sky was there as well. With the EAS contract dropped, it seems that there was no one who wanted to fly there. QX still serves Wenatchee and Yakima.
I use to fly into Moses Lake when I was working for Horizon Air. There was only a handful of people who would board the flight. I remember a few occasions when we would land and then depart MWH with an empty plane.

Are you sure about Cascade Airways? If they didn't fly 402's then what did they fly. It was a small Cessna of some kind. I was just a small kid when all that happened, but I remember my dad going on business trips and using them. In any case I am sure you would agree that it was Horizon Air that put Cascade out of business.

QX still does serve YKM and EAT however they have cut the number of flights since the 400 came along. The Q-400 is just too big to adequately serve the smaller markets.

You didn't mention Pullman or Walla Walla. Does QX still go there? I can't imagine the 400 flying into Pullman.

SkyHigh