View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 07:10 AM
SKMarz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: Cap. 737
Default Re: Questions

TP, thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I know some of the information is in the past threads but after hours of looking through the archives, there were some things I couldn't find. Thank you for clarifying on the pay regarding deadheads and bunkies. I could see where it not counting for duty rigs and hard time could be a recipe for fatigue.

Are there some people (like the U.S.) who are always bunkies or is it more random?

It sounds like my husband should make the effort to go to the road show. I just wasn't sure if his attending when he isn't ready to apply just yet would be construed as flaky.

If anyone else would be willing to offer any other input, I would be very grateful. It is a difficult decision to uproot our family and drag them around the world but I also see the writing on the wall for U.S. airlines, at least the one my husband works for, and making an informed decision is going to be key. At the end of the day, I realize that should he apply and get interviewed, it is really up to us to do our homework, but it helps to get some basic information to assist us in deciding whether to pursue this option.