View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 AM
SKMarz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: Cap. 737

OK, I have a few more questions. Is the leave taken over two periods or all at once? I understand they only pay for one trip. Is it paid leave? How far in advance do you usually find out? Do you have to be there a full year before you are entitled to any leave?

I feel foolish for asking this one, while my husband and I are by no means big drinkers, we have been known to have wine with dinner. I understand that you actually need to obtain a liquor license to purchase alcohol. Is this difficult to obtain?

I have read many different accounts and I understand that it may be fleet specific, but how many days off are people averaging a month?

Do most people have two cars, or just one? I understand insurance can be expensive, can someone give me a general idea of what it runs? Do most people lease or buy? Does anyone bring theirs over or is it too cost prohibitive?

Does anyone who has life insurance policies in the US happen to know whether they are still valid abroad?

I understand the education allowance was recently raised, has that helped off-set the out of pocket costs, especially in the primary years? My husband's parents came straight off the boat from England, so I am by no means opposed to sending our kids to the British schools, any thoughts on the quality and cost of those schools?

How far are most people being housed from the airport?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions, I'm writing things down for my husband to ask, but it is one thing to ask the company and another to ask those who are actually employees or residents of the area.