Old 05-24-2008, 05:38 AM
DANCRJ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007

Well, since nobody mention PNCL....... I hear some guys around here: "Oh...we're very safe, we have a contract for 129 aircraft with NW for the next 9 years"............I just start laughing at that point....."we are safe..." HAHAHAH you guys got to be kidding. I'm not saying PNCL will go under, but saying we are safe it's a very long shot. Let's just analize these points.

We do have a contract for 129 CRJ200 that can be converted to 76 seaters. NW hasn't even mentioned giving PNCL 900s. All their money is going to Mesaba and Compass. Why? because the obvious reason they're NW's babies. DL is going to Merge with NW. So what? then Delta is going to own Mesaba and Compass, same deal. We have 129 50 seaters that got to go NOW ! Do you think NW(DL) will be able to replace 129 CRJ for 129 CRJ900 overnight? I don't even see that happening in 2 years. If I was to guess, we'll eventually get 900s but a slow rate, meanwhile NW(DL) will find a way to cut us off some 50 seaters for a fleet reduction. In aviation a contract is more like "guideliness" , the big boys like NW(DL) will find a way around the contract or re-negotiate if they have to (BK doesn't sound to crazy now does it?). How about we strike, and then BOOM there you go...a reason for NW(DL) to start cutting us off. Is this a crazy thought? maybe, but first talk to some mesaba, or ex-mesaba old timers.......
"We already work with DL"......HAHAHA ..............WOW that means we are safe. We have only 16 900s in a new base, with a very disappointing performance. It is going to improve, but is not like DL is loving PNCL right now. I think we are going to get stuck with only 16 airplanes for a while in ATL. DL is cutting domestic and regional capacity overall. The only thing that could gives us more flying is MAG going under (which for the sake of those who work there I hope not) and we getting our hands there. Again I'm hopping I'm wrong. I really do. I also don't want to wish MAG going under for the sake of their people, mgmt can go to hell, but I think about friends there.... So please, PNCL people. Stop saying we are safe. That's very naive. Expect the worst and hope for the best