View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 06:17 AM
Roper92
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Maddog FO

Originally Posted by JetJock16 View Post
I’m sorry that some of our pilots made comments that ****ed you off but there’s no reason to drop to their level and postings like this one aren’t helping you or your pilot group; also try not to judge our or anyone else’s pilot group by a few unwanted comments/opinions.

I wish the best for all of you guys but at some point in time everyone’s luck either runs out or gets bailed out, regardless of how great their labor group or Mgmnt is.

As for your comments on the 50 seaters, I agree but with enormous increases in variable costs there comes a point were no a/c is worth flying on any route unless you can pass the cost directly through to your customers. This holds true for all a/c regardless of size and config, but you know this.
Hey man, I know you wish the best for us. You have shown nothing but respect for XJT. However, you have to understand that some of our pilots are going to get a little defensive sometimes. It's human nature. When someone knows their company is potentially being bought out and their life could be adversely affected, they are going to look at the acquiring company and their employees as threats. Now, most of your pilots and most of our pilots have absolutely nothing against each other. I have not had any negative feelings towards Skywest pilots. I have also not had any jumpseaters wanting to check out the cockpit to see what new equipment they are getting. Joking or not, I would never do that to anyone. That is what gets pilot groups hating each other. So again I say that it is natural human nature to get defensive in this situation. Just ignore it. Most of our pilots have no problem with Skywest; it's more a matter of frustration with the current situation.