Thread: Kidney Stones?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 05:17 PM
DitchDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Sitting

If you havent read my post of my experiences (which Im guessing you already have) here is the link - http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/sh...ad.php?t=16565

My experience with the FAA was a bit frustrating, but I hear it can be worse. I was out (no pay) for two months.

I talked with many different AME's, company lawyers, chief pilots, retired FAA guys, etc... and every one of them had a different answer for me. I finally got the cocconuts to call my FAA Regional Flight Surgeon. He was VERY clear in his answer to my querry about when I can return to work. "Not without their approval".

So after about a month of Passing and Dealing with the stones (A whole other story). I sent my paperwork in and a MONTH later I was working again. There was a list of things I need to send in...from what I remember: CT Scan showing I'm clear (since yours already shows clear you may not have to get another), Urologist statement, saying your clear and show no signs of producing more, analysis of the stone, and all doc visits. There might be more but thats all I remember.

I recieved my letter which essentially re-instated my medical (did not need to get another one). I gave the letter to my company just in case there was an issue, and when I went in for my next medical I reported the stones and brought the letter.

They said if you become what they call a "producer", you can permenantly lose your medical and Im not sure what actions you can take to circumvent that. Just do your best to drink lots of water and cut out the sodas...

PM me if you want to know more specifics. Good luck and let us know what happends.

DD