Old 06-09-2006, 08:31 PM
DGFlyer03
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: New Hire
Default To All You ERAU Bashers

Alright guys, lets get the bottom line straight about some things. As a current ERAU student I'm more than proud to represent my school and proud of the education I have received in the 3 years I have been a student at ERAU. First of all, I will say that the structure of ERAU's program has helped me to become a more well roudned individual and pilot. The classes we ake as well prepare us for a career as an airline pilot. Where at mom and pops FBO do you learn about turbine engine, advanced aircraft systems and compoments or about crew resource management and what flying the line as an airline pilot is like. While we learn alot of info during our colelge career I will agree that probably 90% of what you learn will be in the career field outside ERAU when you're working for an airline. ERAU also trains its pilots to become professionals. We as students must show up 30 mins prior to flights and have to be dressed appropriately. If not you get "no showed" and fined for not showing up. 3 no shows=dismissal from flight program. Now alot of you may think that 30 mins rule is alot of garbage but its not. When you go out to a regional airline you will have a show time and if you show up late, too bad, its going to count against you. In addition ERAU incorporates Flows into its checklist. When you go to a regional or major airline, corporate, etc. you will learn to do flows. A flow is accomplished by doing a series of items and backing them up with a checklist at then end. Also the instruction at ERAU is very top notch. I have had the opportunity to fly at a mom and pop fbo before and I have noticed a signifcant difference. At mom and pops u can pass by knowing 70% of the information. However at ERAU they teach you to know the most information and 70% is not good enough. When you get that airline job for all you job seekers do you think 70% will be enough? I'm not saying that there are not other schools out there that great flight schools, I'm just sharing my experience with you at ERAU. Best of luck to anyone out there wherever you may go and whichever route you choose to utilize your flight training. All I'm saying is that ERAU has prepared me and that I think it can prepare one for a career as an airline pilot. No it doesnt guarantee you a job when you leave, that is something you have to work to achieve, but it will put you well on your way.