Old 05-27-2008, 09:43 PM
DigDug
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Yeah, you gotta go... you gotta go. You took that -
I'll take the motion with the lotion...

Originally Posted by texaspilot76 View Post
All the acts I am referring to were committed on duty. A Captain wizzing in a cup on the flight deck because he doesn't want to go to the back to the lav in flight. A peeping tom that jumps the balconies at the hotel on an overnight with a lotion bottle in hand to peep in on unsuspecting flight attendants. In these two instances the union fought and they kept their job.

So, people that don't deserve to be where they are at get to keep their job. They should have been fired on the spot, and possible charges filed. Meanwhile, less senior guys that do their job and do it well have to sit and wait while these clowns reap the benefits.
Did the lotion have a "Union Made" label?

LOL. Certainly, assuming an accurate accounting on your part I'd say your esteemed colleague earned a set of walking papers. You cite one guy then switch to the plural as you try to make your case for clearing all of these unworthy heathens out of your way. First, back up and consider the fact that it was the company that either decided not to take the action, or that it couldn't take the action, or that it failed in defending its action to the legitimate venue. The union representative(s) likely did nothing more than insure that the rules for due process were observed.

The union works to ensure that a fair due process is a right for every pilot. It is not a reasonable or legal option to abandon that ethic in the face of your esteemed colleague and his supposed lubricated escapades.

Consider this:
Every pilot ahead of you that passes the checkrides and medicals, and maintains a safe record and satisfactory discipline deserves to remain ahead of you in the established progression. Your pedigree and/or anything else you may think gives you a claim to higher status can be used by you to get hired at the better employer. After that event, you are in a line and for fair reason.