Old 05-29-2008, 08:28 PM
DAL4EVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
thats funny i just heard a rumor from a FAA MX inspector that DAL was parking all their 22 year old 767s. Heard that on the NWA FA board, Again its just a rumor....
I don't know about "all" of them but I believe there are a few that are going to be returned to the lessors if they can't re-negotiate a better deal on them. Those that are returned will be the non ER 300s.

The fleet flexibility created by the merger could give us tremendous flexibility. Right now, DAL has no in between aircraft on the 757-200 and the 767-300. However, the "new" DAL will have the 757-300s. They may be sufficient to replace some 767s. The 767ERs and some 777s will likely go to MSP and DTW and ATL may get the larger guage A330s and 747s. MD-80s may leave SLC for DTW and SLC gets A320s that are better suited for the longer haul flying out of there. Hard to say but adding the complexities of multiple fleet types may be offset by the flexibility we get from them.

I'm still trying to be optimistic about this even with the sabre rattling going on.