Old 05-30-2008, 08:04 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
You seem to forget we have scope language to protect our -9s or the jobs they include. IF they are ALL parked its because DALs scope allowed it not NWA. The DC9 has a specific mission and it does a good job in it. The 34ish -50s will be sticking around for a while and i am sure the -40s will also. The -30s are a toss up, they are the 100 seaters that DAL says they need. I think they will be around until replacements can be found. we shall see. Either way there is going to be a big shuffle in aircraft and bases. We are on the same team so there is no reason to fight between groups.
I agree with ya Super.. Hopefully the committees that are hashing out the joint contract are cherry picking the best parts of both contracts. I demand nothing less, as I am I sure do you. Not badmouthing the -9, but in a parallel universe where airlines can make some money, I would THINK the companies would be looking for a more fuel efficient follow-on. (as I would expect them to do with ALL assets) But then again, like the US congress, when they have cash flow, they never seem to be able to look toward the bad times... I'm glad I don't run my checkbook like that.

Ciao!