View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 05:15 PM
TheProfessionalPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: CRJ-900 FO, Supra left seat
Cool

I have been working as a CFI/MEI for a flight school I training at myself, Trade Winds. Flight time can range from 60 hrs per week to 2 hrs per week. Remember to teach at a location where the weather does not change drastically. During the late summer months no one wants to fly because you'll get heat-stroke while doing touch and goes; unless you bring a 2 liter of water with you (figure it into weight and balance!) During the "fall, winter, and spring" months you will not have time to sit for 10 minutes between flights for days upon days on end. I have logged 400 in 12 months so far (including my training at "Flight Safety" less than 12 mo's ago)..... and about 300 in the past 6 mo's. You will get your flight time pretty quickly as a CFI/MEI at a local FBO. Don't forget to get your CFII and MEI RIGHT AWAY so you can teach every SINGLE person that walks through the door of your flight school. I highly suggest a "Mom and Pop's Shop" like Trade Winds. You won't be disappointed when you learn there, or when you teach there; I make 20/hr for private pilots and 25/hr for advanced training. Also remember that you will deal with aircraft that are maintained similarly to actual airline aircraft, not these "airline career schools" maint where everything is spick and spam and you dont fly unless that landing light works! You will learn what it means to fly in the REAL WORLD not some dream land where everything is perfect. Anyhow, I wish the best with your career, if you decide to persue it. Don't forget your diploma!
Best Regards,
Jason Leonard