Old 05-31-2008, 05:59 AM
DYNASTY HVY
Retired

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: whale wrangler

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
I am increasingly of the belief that it is not the right move for both airlines. I've listened to Gary Kelly, Bob Crandall, Gordon Bethune and other airline analysts, and they all express their fear of spending 1 Billion dollars on combining two companies from the cash coffers that should probably be carefully guarded in this environment. It's a lot of money to spend on painting airplanes and moving headquarters' etc. Long term, it is probably a good thing. But you don't get to live in the long term if you die in the short term.

Some awfully smart people are saying they would not do it at this time, and I find myself agreeing with a lot of their logic.

Carl
I have no dog in this hunt but I have to agree with the capt here and to spend that kind of money in this enviro is risky to say the least.
Haste makes waste so to say and as far as the 9,s are concerned they are all payed off yes ?So I figure they still save money because they have no payments on them just fuel and mx .
BTW carl how many whales do you guys own outright?
Be real crazy not to keep them after the merger especially if they are making money .
As for painting the a/c ,why not just put a small DAL logo on NWA a/c and vice versa ,pax really dont care what an a/c looks like outside so why even bother wasting the money on repainting said a/c .
Just my 3 cents .