View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 11:07 AM
ChinsFive
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck View Post
SKYW isn't the only player in the market. SKYW wants to buy. Continental wants XJT to be bought. The shareholders want XJT to be bought. One way or another money will talk and someone will pick up the tab. Don't feel that it's SKYW and SKYW only in the ring. XJT is still a money making company once the branded is cut. There is no way other parties aren't interested in that. I'll venture to say even non-aviation related investment groups. I'll also say Jim Ream's days are numbered. Again my opinion, but he's done a horrible job as far as running a company goes. His employees may love him but his investors don't and they're the ones that count. They don't like how he's managed the company and relations in regards to CAL. Many of them see a sellout as the best possible means to get any sort of return on their stock values.

Take a look here: http://sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1...250exv99w2.htm They are very accurate. Some things they've wanted done haven't been done. It's also known that RAH has looked at XJT as well. I don't expect them to move in that direction but Bedford has made his surprises and things have been quiet here lately. Which means something's brewing. Someone out there will pick up the XJT tab and when they do they'll slice the fat right off the company which will include a chunk of the pilot group and selling what assets the company does have turning it into a more efficient machine.
I agree with pretty much everything you say, and I don't love Ream - I've been bashing him for 2 years, often to weird looks in the crew room.

What I am trying to explain to you though, is that if a holding company that owns any other airline buys us they will be forced to combine the senority lists (unless XJT pilots vote this out of their contract).

So if RAH or Mesa or SKYW or whoever buys us and then wants to furlough they'd have to furlough off of the arbitrated list. In fact if we were bought by a company like AMR or Alaska Air Group that has a wholy owned regional they would be forced to combine lists with every airline owned by the holding company.

It's iron-clad and it's the reason SKYW wanted it totally removed from our contract.