Old 06-04-2008, 04:19 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

First. We use the RAW score system. Seniority does not matter. It all goes on how little you fly. It is a complicated formula that basically gives you two points for every hour of credit. The lower your score the higher up on the list you are. We also have a "SILO" type deal that ranks pilots in order of days. The difference is that Domestically we have avail days with the max of four. So a guy with six days of availability can be below a guy with four days. Slightly different weight system, but in essence the same thing.
You can put in a yellow slip, but on reserve it really doesn't do much for you. They will fly you right up to 70 hrs. A buddy of mine was six minutes shy of breaking guarantee last month and they did not fly him for the last six days. He had a yellow slip in, reduced his RAW score and had every type of green slip in. Point is that unless you are their last option you will sit. More than likely on Short Call. They cannot use you, but they are not going to let you off the hook either.
This happened to me last week. Flew a five day with 32 hrs of credit and 26 hrs of block. On day six I was on short call.
We do not bid on short call. It is up to the schedules to decided who gets it and who does not. You can get up to eight periods in a month. I normally have four to six. Some months I get all eight.

On the moving deal. We get paid moving up to a certain weight. (Do not remember, but I think it is 20K lbs) You only get this if you are voluntary displaced or within six months of a new base opening. This changed with our pre bankruptcy concessions.