Thread: Freaking Out
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
UNDGUY
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A220 First Officer
Default Freaking Out

I am completly freaking out and I would like some good advice from someone who has been through it. I will be graduating from the University of North Dakota on August 5th with a degree in commercial aviation. The reason I am freaking out is because I don't want to make a bad decision when choosing a flight school to instruct at.
First off, I want to go to a flight school where I can stay very busy flying and not recruiting and soliciting students. Second, if I start sending out resumes and getting interviews/job offers, do I have to take the first job offer? What if I want the job but I have an interview next week with a company I might like more? How do I tell the first company that?
Also, anybody have any insight on flight instructing in a place like midway airport. How difficult is it to train students in a busy airline enviroment like that?
Finally, I (my wife) wants to stay within about a five hour drive of Detroit, Michigan. (Our Hometown) Right now I am looking at a flight school at Midway called Midway Aviators and Lewis University. If anyone can give me advice on anything about this it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone that could recomend a busy school that needs an instructor that is ready to work hard, please throw them out there.

Thanks, UNDGUY