Old 06-04-2008, 07:54 AM
hiflyer
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Really? I just saw Bethune on CNBC and they ALWAYS mention when a guest has that kind of potential conflict of interest relationship - yet nobody mentioned that. What is your source for that assertion?

My CAL friends disagree with you completely. They all say Bethune WAS a genius. I'm sure he had other talented folks on his team, but he did a remarkable job after Lorenzo's disastrous tenure.

The word eventually insinuates the longer term. As I've said previously, you don't get to live in the long term if you die in the short term. That is the concern.

If we ever fly together, we'll avoid thunderstorms and stay out of danger not because we "stopped worrying", but because we realistically look at the threats that we face and use our experience to avoid them.

Carl
Carl-

I don't get on this board much, but your lack of basic knowledge that Bethune represents a hedge fund ( CNBC DIDN"T TELL YOU! HA) that has a vested interest in UAL and DAL shows how misinformed and ignorant you are about the the statements you make.

I worked at CAL, I read his book, From Worst to First, had dinner with him and still have many friends that work at CAL, yet somehow I am misinformed. You say I am misinformed because CNBC never mentioned his connection with Pardus, unbelievable!

You seem to want to listen to "analysts" and these genius CEO's who say DAL should not merge because____________! I have informed myself through my MEC, Roadshows and have listened to independent E&FA and believe the acquisition of NWA (YES I SAID ACQUISITION) is good for DAL.

UAL is culling its fleet and parking.....gasp..... 747's. The DC9's will be gone too, they have to go in this environment. It is being mentioned more regularly now by VP's in the pilots lounge during their visits.

Carl, you have been whining and B$*ching the whole time on this thread. You are a 747 captain and feel you are being slighted in your career. I certainly don't feel for you, no one wants to take a thing from you, no loss of seniority, no displacement from your seat, a pay raise, a stronger company with an envious international reach, and you are upset.

No Carl, Kellner (CAL) walked away from UAL beacuse UAL is not a good "fit" ,but so did DAL. Kelly at SWA is running a domestic carrier with not one international route. Yet somehow these oh so smart men are saying merging is a bad idea. There are no other options for them, this is the best combination plain and simple, not all mergers make good combinations.

The Asian Pacific route structure NWA services is not being fully realized. The combination between DAL and NWA will allow more revenue to be captured. DAL and Air France are the founding members of the Skyteam alliance. Air France is a good partner and has tacitly approved this merger and was/is willing to invest in this endeavor to see it succeed.

So who is right Carl? Your CNBC analysts, G. Buthune, Kelly and Kellner or the individuals ( DAL/NWA and Air France) who have been looking at the internal analysis?

I take it back about flying with you, you're a drag and will never see good in anything; all the while you sit at the pinnacle of your career flying your 747 looking down at everyone else.

As an aside, are you leaving at 60?