Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 AM
NoSoupForYou
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL 7ER F/O

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
I hope we keep it too. It was an item the company wanted way back to get us out of the commute mode. I had a commuting discussion with a chief pilot awhile back and when I got the old "commuting is a priviledge not a right" I reminded him that if they had to move us everytime they moved flying around (like the military) it would cost them millions. Commuters actually save them money....or at least I think so.
Well, I agree with you in theory, but alas, here at Delta, we've proven to our management time and again that they can move flying anywhere they want, and enough pilots will bid it voluntarily- and hence not cost Delta a paid move (with exception of new categories). Our own worst enemies it seems...

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
On to another question........If your a MSP based pilot and get a new award that requires training, NWA assumes you live in MSP and doesn't cover your hotel during training. So, what commuters have to do is bid over to DTW, bid your new jet, and then get the award so you don't get stuck with the hotel bill. Is it the same at Delta? Do they assume an ATL guy lives there?
At DAL you get a hotel for training regardless of your domicile. In other words, you could be an ATL 737 pilot, and bid ATL 767, you would still get a paid hotel if you request it. Only exception is for recurrent training, which does not get you a hotel if you are ATL based already (other bases of course get hotel for recurrent training in ATL).

Soup