Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Originally Posted by Justdoinmyjob View Post
You sure about that? I could be wrong, (to lazy to go find my contract copy,) but I just had recurrent and was asked if I needed a room when I called to find out why they forgot to schedule me. I'm ATL based too.
If you are based where you have recurrent, you do NOT get a hotel. You DO get a hotel for qualification training, even if you do the training where you are based (i.e. 99% of the time ATL).

Either the planner made an error, or perhaps you were one of the guys going to DEN for recurrent?

BTW, for all the NWA guys, we used to not have the provision of getting a hotel room for qualification training, so a lot of ATL commuters would have to play the same game--for example bid CVG on an Advance Entitlement (the term we use for an upgrade bid to a different plane or base), then on the next AE bid back to ATL. That way you could get a paid hotel for training...or if you didn't play that game you had a crappy crashpad and/or serious $$ outlays if you paid for the hotel yourself.

Getting the paid hotel for in-base qualification training was one of the best things we ever negotiated.