Thread: Contract issues
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:41 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain
Cool Contract issues

Since one of the threads has actually taken on a civil tone regarding the merger between DAL and NWA, I wanted to continue it in another one, but I would ask that guys from all airlines respond too, so that maybe in the future when you are negotiating Section 6 you can have a little ammunition to take to YOUR negotiators about things you would like to see in your contract. For all of the contracts I have seen at DAL, there have been comparisons put out by the MEC, but I feel those kinds of things are of some, but little value since you don't get that human perspective from a written sheet.

For example, To see how jumpseat works at our airline versus how it works at NWA for commuting purposes has been a real eye opener for me. I really like the way it is at NWA, and I would like to see our negotiators strive for that when working out this joint contract. I am sure there are many other things that might be desirable at UAL or USA... Alaska... even you Cathay guys might have something that might be valuable for an American carrier to consider.

I only ask one thing here, and since I am not a monitor, I cannot control the thread... PLEASE don't degenerate this into a "My airline is better than YOUR airline because... you guys suck..." thread... Just post things about YOUR contract that you like... hate... whatever, that you want to see changed, or held on to. Maybe.. if we can keep this one civil, we can all learn something, and hopefully bend the ear of our contract negotiators and improve all our lives.

Thanks,
Steve