View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Brav989

Originally Posted by SkyHigh
Why do you want to be an airline pilot? I understand that you don't have a family or responsibilities, but do you ever wish to have those things? The airlines are becoming increasingly difficult to become gainfully employed at. The average new hire at a regional has about 150K invested for a job that pays 18K. I don't mean to discourage you, but aviation isn't really a job anymore. It is more of a working hobby that requires a lot from its subjects. If I were you I would consider buying a plane or starting at a local small flight school to see if you like it or not. Get your PVT and if the price of that doesnt scare you then move ahead. I wouldn't jump into an expensive airline school. You never stop paying in aviation so you had better get use to it if you plan to make a career out of it. After flight school and college then there are type ratings, training contracts and a decade or more of low paying jobs.

SkyHigh
Well it isn't my only career choice..so if I don't happen to get it that would suck, but i'll live