View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
*****Not advocating... just posing a hypothetical.... *****

What if... DAL management proposes a phase in to bring NWA to DAL rates over a given period of time.... BUT... allows for the 2 entities to remain seperate during that phase in period? Would this still be a no vote? The only reason I ask is that (you have to admit) DAL and NWA are a great fit with respect to route structure and (lack of) overlap. Therefore, if the entities are essentially operated as they are prior to the DCC, there's really no harm, no foul. NWA pilots fly NWA aircraft and NWA routes under (essentially) NWA contract rules... DAL pilots fly DAL aircraft and DAL routes under DAL contract rules... until such time as parity is reached. At that time, we are all become one big happy... disfunctional family

*****I am just posing the hypothetical situation... thoughts?*****

Steve
Can't disagree with any of that Steve. In my opinion that would be totally fair. It would also allay my concerns over us spending 1 Billion on consolidation costs in this environment. If we could get anti-trust immunity from the DOJ (and I bet we could if we asked), we would have a "virtual" merger.

And yes I do admit, DAL/NWA is one hell of a fit. It's just an incredibly risky and ballsy move in this environment to do the traditional merger.

Carl