View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Lighteningspeed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: G550 Captain

Originally Posted by CE750 View Post
It reminds me of one of the best lines in the movie... when the guy who should inherit the rule of Syriana (the fictional oil country) looks at Matt Damon who plays the oil analyst and tells him... well, here just watch for yourself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4IdWUzrcJM
Only thing is in reality, instead of the US president supporting the US Company manufacturers, he has given away lucrative defense contracts like the tanker project worth billions of dollars to the Europeans. Makes no sense, and as a veteran, it disgusts me. What's next, US soldiers taking orders from the United Nations European Commanders?

It is true Saudis and other middle Eastern princes and Shieks are spending money like water. When I toured Eurocopter plant in Marseilles, the company rep said they have seen orders for $30 million dollar helicopters equipped with gold plated handles and faucets for the lavs.

They also regularly fly to the US in their B747s and go on shopping sprees that makes the most ostentatious rich people of this country look like scrooge.