View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Jakob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Was this near Schönebeck? My brother visited there a few weeks ago and said he loved it. I'm thinking about going there next year.
This was at Uetersen, EDHE. That's just to the west of Hamburg. We'd love to welcome you here anyway! :-)

Originally Posted by stinsonjr View Post
Jakob - No need to apologize for "no fancy airline stuff" - I thought these were great! Thanks for sharing, and please post more - really great shots, particularly for someone busy flying the glider.
Thanks for the kind words! I'll try to make some more fotos in future! I don't have many other interesting ones of today. Most of them are very similar to those I already posted as I tried to get a new profile-pic for facebook and took lots of shots of myself. Maybe this one: You can see the -0.5Gs and 3Gs I had pulled before! My record was 5.5 though...

Oh yeah, and just as an explanation why I am flying so inefficiently (100+km/h) at 900m (~3000ft) - our airspace ends there because of the D-CTR of Hamburg (EDDH) so unfortunatly we can't go any higher. Sometimes they give us 4000ft... So sometimes you have to push over and fly faster in order not to climb any further.