View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 03:42 PM
captain_drew
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: FredEx Captain-Retired

Originally Posted by FedEx1
I don't see this is any big conspiracy from Management. After all, their conspiracies usually involve screwing the pilot group, not the non-pilots.....
Jared, if anything, management DOES NOT go along with the "captain's authority." I can think of more than one incident where a captain wanted to not allow a jumper for various reasons- suspicious activities, animal handlers that admited they lied to get on, they were buddies of the real handlers, etc. And the captain's were FIRED.
Will have to 100% concur with everything you said. I was one of those who periodically got a tit in the wringer over exerting "captain's authority". The managers do NOT like Captains acting like Captains. . . it dilutes their power over the pilot group.

I DOUBT very much this has anything to do with pilots, but, management’s total lack of capability to handle the major security problem engendered by their politically correct hiring policies and inability (like so many other institutions) to properly "profile" prospective employees and potential jump seaters.

NOW. . if a normal Captain were to see a suspicious Middle Eastern man approaching the jet to ride the jump seat, his natural inclination would be to bar that individual access. BUT the working atmosphere is SO chilled by the heavy hand of management, he/she weighs the months of heart-burn and emotional roller coaster of the subsequent disciplinary action. .for doing the right thing. So, Habib rides and scares the living *******t out of everyone involved . . and the plug gets pulled on everyone. Looks like the normal employee is paying the price for what management has wrought.