Old 06-10-2008, 12:31 PM
bored
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Ebl14 - you're forgetting that NWA (next Delta) will also own the 200s you fly now for NWA. I would imagine that there will be renegotiations of the agreement that PCL and NWA have when NWA becomes the new Delta. Don't kid yourself... everything will be examined for cost savings. This could be a perfect opportunity to give PCL the boot for good. I'm just sayin'...

I hope this turn of events opens the eyes to the PCl cheerleaders here that no "10 year agreement" is safe.

BTW - for the people who think wholly owned carriers ought to be scared: do you think the new DL would rather pay a subcontracted company a cost plus agreement that guarentees that subcontractor profits whilst the mainline carrier sheds the entire burden for fuel? Or would they rather spread the costs over the mainline operation as well as the wholly owned Airlink/Connection carriers?

With fuel the way it is... the game rules have changed. While they might have been eager to shed wholly owned carriers in the past, they might be rethinking that strategy at this time.

Last edited by bored; 06-10-2008 at 12:49 PM.