View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 06:38 AM
PinnacleFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: CRJ Captain
Default My thoughts about Delta

First off, I am dissapointed in Delta's decision to do this, business is business but I would like everyone to take a look at our NWA airlink numbers if you get a chance. Last month we operated 124 planes at a 99.5 completion factor and about 80% on time. The same airline sucked in ATL, but we were improving slowly. We were given 7 months to adapt to a new airplane (more maintenance wise than pilot wise) new airport, new airline partner, and new routes like stx, pls. We only had 8 of 16 planes delivered which we bought for delta, and now those are fuel efficient planes without a home. Meanwhile there are like 600 crj 200's flying around for Delta/NWA. Does that make any sense at all?
Now dont get me wrong, I agree that pinnacle should take some blame in this but when you have 30 minute hub turns with a 76 seat aircraft, flights that are blocked shorter than the actual flight time, a flight line with no spare aircraft, and the worlds busiest airport, its not going to work, and month after month delta kept ramming this schedule down our throats.

It seems to me that delta all of a sudden decided they have too many regionals (a problem they created themselves) and one by one they are just going to go after anything they can find to cancel a contract. It just seems very irresponsible to me.

I actually hope this merger fails, for more than the sake of pinnacle, I just hate to see the NWA pilots go through what they are about to go through and I will hate seeing the red tail go away for good when it has so much history.

Bash Away!