View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 11:07 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by mooney View Post
Rick I think we work at the same company, and my FOM says that he can.

it states:
" The Company requires the following of OAL flight deck jumpseaters:
1. Be an active employee of a CASS-authorized air carrer
2. Possess a valid (not expired) air carier ID badge."

In addition on the next page,
"Flight Deck Jumpseat -Eligibility
To be eligible for the flight deck jumpseat, the individual must be listed above (various company employees) or a:
1. Jumpseat-authorized employee from a TSA/FAA CASS approved airline. Pilots and Dispatchers from other CASS approved airlines (oal) can flight deck jumpseat domestically; intl OAL flight deck jumpseating is prohibited.

And Class 8 jumpseaters....per FOM...."Walk up jumpseaters for US domestic certified pilots, PFE's, and dispatchers employes by 14 CFR part 121 or 135 air carriers participating in the CASS program."

The poster met ALL these requirements, so i dont think I'll be getting anyone fired Check your facts on this one before you think i'm getting someone in trouble....

I thought you were suggesting that people disregard their GOM. If the GOM says it's OK, then it is good from a reglatory point of view.

SKW company policy states that a reciprocating agreement is required, so the CA would have been violating company, if not FAA policy. It's his call in that case, but the gate agent would need to play along...you can't board the airplane without the gate agent's approval.

My first 121 employer did have a recip with amflight. I had an amflight buddy who was going to take me for a ride on his trip once SAN-ONT-SAN), but the company would not allow it due to insurance. I'm guessing maybe SKW doesn't offer recip agreements to companies who are not permitted by their insurance to accept jumpseaters