View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
TBucket
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by flyerfly View Post
What is the deal with Skywest weights?!?!? In 2 years and 2 companies I have never turned down a jumpseater due to w&b. Weight restrictions on PPWRK mean nothing either they are just a starting point you can always play with fuel and taxi fuel.

I understand that some gate agents wont allow more people than what is on the ppwrk but I've been turned down after passing the gate agent and introducing myself in the cockpit...

I've done some creative things to get people to/from work just because I don't want to leave them behind.

I've been denied the J/S on skywest 4 times in the approx. past 6 months. Even Mesa always tries to work the weights to get me on. I'm not saying every time I try to get on SKW it doesnt work but more SKW than PNCL, EAGLE, XJ, and MESA. Those are just the Regionals I fly on to get home.

I do enjoy the SKW crews when I do ride and they always treat me well but there are a few of your capts in ord that really could give a crap and its too bad. I know my company has it's share of jerks also.

I am curious though; why can't SKW play with its weights? We do ours on ACARS too just not the Collins software.

Yep, every time somebody bags on us for still using a "whiz wheel" and calculator to do W/B, I think of how many people we've gotten to/from work by being able to adjust numbers that "software" probably wouldn't let us...