Old 06-12-2008, 04:22 AM
Airsupport
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ

heres a really funny little tid bit. asa's ceo sent out a memo to management saying and i quote "There has been a lot of speculation about our contract with delta in light of the cancellation of pinnacle's and freedoms delta contract. Our contract is written differently so we are not under the same on time scrutiny that these carriers are." hahahaha. that cracks me up. asa's numbers are way worse than pinnacles, and we have only been there 7 months. no wonder he sent out that memo. and my buddy once again sent me the ontime numbers. here they are IN ORDER

1. express jet
2. Pinnacle
3. CHQ
4. Skywest
5. Shuttle America
6. ASA
7. Freedom

i think that most of you are right. delta saw a way to get rid of a contract and we were an easy target.

here is what i think is really going on. like pinnaclefo said our performance on the nwa side is great. FAR from being able to be cancelled LEGALLY, and currently between nwa's 3 regionals we are number 1 for completion and ontime performance right now (hence our kool-aid drinking pizza party yesturday). we signed a cheaper contract with NWA so they would let us fly for other airlines. I think delta realized in a post merger world that pinnacle would be cheaper to them coming from the nwa side instead of building up their delta flying. this is delta's way still getting us to fly for them but at a cheaper rate, AND part of uncle phils scare tactics to get us to sign a concessionary or at the least less than average contract.

here is something very similar from mesabas bad times... straight out of the play book.

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.or...atlinb_mesaba/

oh and here is another tid bit.

delta's ceo Richard Anderson was on CNBC this morning. Speaking live on TV from Memphis, and they asked him about cutting pinnacle airlines. he said "To put the Delta Emblem on the side of your aircraft, we hold these carriers to a high standard, we are still in discussion with Pinnacle"

i think this will all be worked out. who knows.