View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Flyer2000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B-767 CA

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
From personal experience, I don't think that is true. I've always seen people that are in CASS be able to jumpseat regardless of whether we had a reciprical agreement with them.
I guarantee you someone at your company is taking the list sent from ARINC and inputting each new code (airline). So even if your company does not have an "agreement" if your "policy" is to take all CASS carriers then they are input in the system. Not sure who you work for, but if it is a regional, you are probably "piggy backing" on your mainline carriers CASS, so it is possible that your carrier does not have an agreement with an airline, but the mainline company does......thus you see the CASS query come back approved even if you do not have an agreement. I know each carrier is required to have their own software system to operate CASS. These systems are not linked to automatically update when another carrier becomes CASS. This is why ARINC sends out a list whenever there is a change. The list I posted above was sento out because one airline had become CASS (Aviation Services Ltd dba Freedom Air (FP).

The point was that the original complaint stated that Ameriflight was CASS (they are not) and therefore this pilot should be allowed to speak with the captain.....................both statements were flawed.