View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT

Originally Posted by Flyer2000 View Post
I guarantee you someone at your company is taking the list sent from ARINC and inputting each new code (airline). So even if your company does not have an "agreement" if your "policy" is to take all CASS carriers then they are input in the system. Not sure who you work for, but if it is a regional, you are probably "piggy backing" on your mainline carriers CASS, so it is possible that your carrier does not have an agreement with an airline, but the mainline company does......thus you see the CASS query come back approved even if you do not have an agreement. I know each carrier is required to have their own software system to operate CASS. These systems are not linked to automatically update when another carrier becomes CASS. This is why ARINC sends out a list whenever there is a change. The list I posted above was sento out because one airline had become CASS (Aviation Services Ltd dba Freedom Air (FP).

The point was that the original complaint stated that Ameriflight was CASS (they are not) and therefore this pilot should be allowed to speak with the captain.....................both statements were flawed.
You may be right. I work for XJT. Maybe there is some sort of manual input to be able to make it so its the way our union negotiated it with the company. As you know, we are a regional but also do flying under our own name and take jumpseaters from any CASS airline from gates that are not affiliated with any other mainline partner.

As for AMF, I will defer to you. If I remember, I try to go up to the gate and see if there are any jumpseaters that are being denied a courtesy meeting with me just in case there is a gate agent that is not being cooperative.