Old 06-13-2008, 08:30 AM
The Juice
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by saabguy493 View Post
Just my opinion, but you would have to be crazy to spend that kind of money for trainig!!! None of my employers ever cared how I got my ratings. As long as I had answers for their questions they were happy.
Hindsight is always 20/20. A lot of people who went to these expensive training facilities (myself included) was sold on an idea not knowing any better. I was very naive when looking for training and bought into the glossy brochure even after completing my private part 61 at a local FBO.

Not everyone is fortunate to know people in the industry to smack you the head for being crazy spending that sort of money. I wish I knew about forums like this when I was looking around at training.

I solicited the advice of pilots I saw in the airport while traveling and asked their opinion on a 141 facility, most feedback was positive.

Bottom line is I received my training for $50,000 in 2006. I worked hard and got out quick and cheap (DCA cheap). Yes i could of done it for less, but as I said, hindsight is always 20/20. If any prospective pilot stops me in the airport and asks about training I would be strongly suggest not diving $100,000 in debt like many students I know did.