View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 04:57 PM
SWAcapt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: B737, Capt.
Smile

I would recommend not getting into aviation to achieve a good paying job. Get into aviation only if you have a passion for it. If you have that passion, you will work hard and be content that you have a flying job but will also have drive to excell. Even if you don't achieve your ultimae goal but are still flying, you will still be content. If you're just looking for a descent paying job, pick one that will allow you to be home every night. The average Air Traffic Controller now makes more than the average airline pilot. There is a shortage of pharmacists and they make about 80K but if you have the love of flying in your blood, then go for it.
I never achieved my ultimate goal that I set at 7 years old to be a Blue Angel, but am content that I did get to fly A6 Intuders off aircraft carriers. After leaving active duty, it took 4 years for me to get my airline job, but never once thought that I wouldn't make it. If flying is your goal, and you are truely driven by it, the money will follow and it will be enough, because you are flying. If making money or achieving a certain lifestyle are your goal, I feel that you will be very disappointed. I've enjoyed all of my 30 years of flying. Just my 2 cts.
Beyond content.