View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 06:09 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

That is exactly what I, you and a few others have been preaching for the last six months. Even the guys that see the course that DAL has set say the same thing. Two to three years will be difficult, but after that we will be untouchable. These are the guys that have created the financial check points for the next then years. Believe me when I state that these guys know everything. The called the BK four years before it happened. They do not see us anywhere close this time. The fact that we will make a profit in this environment speaks volumes of how this ship has been turned away from the rocks. I as well as you, hope that we can steer a clear course. With the current management in place we have by far the best chance for success.
Until this team proves me wrong I will stand by their decisions. I have not outright disagreed with anything as of yet. If is fun to see RA and his tactician mind at work. Personally I like the way he is thinking.

I am willing to bet that (based on some of the conversations that I have had) that we as the rank-and-file pilots cannot imagine what this company has in store for its future. Patience and time will show our hand. We need to look past the next few years. Cutting our nose off despite our faces does noting for us.

BTW I called another 4% capacity cut to the domestic market three months ago. From what I can see we should be done with that for the time being. Cutting any more will cause issues to our joint route structure. We need to combine before we realign anymore of our lift.