Old 06-19-2008, 06:31 PM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by Myboyblue View Post
No doubt everyone is losing money but last qtr CAL lost 80 compared to UAL's 5??, 5 times the lost. I haven't seen anything in the last 12 weeks to show anything will be different this qtr. I hope my post didn't sound like any ill will toward UAL, I hope the best for everyone. I find it amazing Tilton is still at the helm.
Try almost 7x's that amount....$542 Million vs the $80 Million in the first Q. You think that is bad, how about we revisit these numbers on both sides in the 2 or 3Q....both up coming loses will be staggering I bet....not only with these two companies, but the other legacy carriers as well.

I agree with you. How is it that a "Tilton" stays at the helm?? That I would like to have the answer. This industry seems to be one of the few that only promotes incompetence within. The more you screw up, the higher you get promoted....how is that?? Well, when your on top....ie Mr Glenn Tilton....I guess you would have no where else to rise within! I don't get the logic, let's just keep pumping the CEO with more $$ as he continues to run the airline down hill. With that, who on the board keeps this clown around??

All that I can say is that I hope Larry and his management team do not eat from the same retard sandwich platter.