Old 06-21-2008, 01:15 PM
cencal83406
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by downinthegroove View Post
you will fly plenty of airplanes in UPT. For the AF. You need to read up if you think it's a part time gig that can supplement your regional job. When you get there no one will care that you fly a Saab or a RJ. You will be expected to fly nearly everyday the AF way. You will be on formal release doing early morning reports 5 days a week until released. 12 hour days min.

Educate yourself before you speculate. UPT is not something you can go into and take lightly. The flying is not automated just shooting approaches. It is a whole different world that most don't even realize exists. On top of that you will have the demands of being an officer and conducting yourself as such.

Good luck but read up.
I'm not taking it lightly (perhaps I conveyed my previous message that way) and I don't mean to hijack this guys thread into my personal questions.... the reason I ask about flying is because for years upon years recruiters told me "you can be a navigator". I'm willing to put in the effort and work I just have crappy "uncorrected" vision that I can get to 20/20.

I also wanted to mention that no, I didn't miss anything about the predators and I suppose if they told me I'd be doing that I wouldn't mind but I would join to fly in the air, not at a desk.