View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Hoof Hearted
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Seat 1 A

I disagree with some of the previous posts. A large merger such as Delta/ Northwest should be called into question, which is exactly what's being done. The government is examining many aspects of the merger before granting approval. The law suit is an extension of some peoples fears about the loss of service and greater airfares. I don't believe the people are talking about the fares that are raised because of the price of oil, most people with common sense can understand that. I believe they are scared of having only a few airlines in town with less competition and raising the fares as was done in the 80's and 90's. With this merger would come increased city pairs to major and perimeter cities however the smaller cities such as those served by EAS would quickly be eliminated. San Fransico is a liberal court, but honestly, I would be surprised if it was filed anywhere else. This case will only bring about some concerns voiced by citizens. I doubt it will have any monetary outcome and should provide more transparency to the merger process. Just my .02

Last edited by Hoof Hearted; 06-22-2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added a sentence