View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 01:17 PM
AerisArmis
Slainge Var'

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Zeppelin Tail Gunner

Originally Posted by CanKicker View Post
Horrible news, the good thing is that the over 60 guys can continue to work in order to get an extra 5K a year in retirement. Like that's needed after 25+ years with an A and B fund, plus 401K.CanKicker
In Jan, after the age 65 thing passed, I was talking to my ACP. He was talking about an Airbus Capt who had turned 61 the previous month. This guy is VERY senior and when he turned 60, he didn't retire or go to the back seat but took a leave of absence instead. So...no pay and no pension but not to worry, he had a gig in LA flying the rich and famous around on a Gulfstream. He called the ACP and said he was coming back, and when the ACP asked why?. He said that although he really liked his corporate job, and that job, plus his retirement check would equal what he would make when he came back, he missed the comradeship in the crewroom (I'm not joking). The question is, with guys having buds, with wives and young children, on the street, what kind of social behavior can the retreads expect? Anybody going to do any male bonding with these guys out of the cockpit, even if they say they'll buy the beer? Do any of these guys care? Even one? How about FH, he must care, right? Pretty amazing group......and yes, Kronan, we can blame DW for this.