View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 12:08 AM
SOFA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 797 F/O

Finally a positive post. I'm sure someone will bust the bubble, but we should all think about a few things. Who knows what will happen tomorrow or next week. It is all about the OIL. I see a lot of posts that slam airline vs. airline (to include the people that work for them). Remember that we all took the job that we have because it was the best offer at the time -- not because it was the team that we have championed since birth. Pilots are a brotherhood that is an elite talent and discipline. If we keep our jobs, be thankful, humble and tasteful, because our BROTHERS may not be so fortunate. Maybe this is too much military camaraderie, but what got us to this point in the first place? Respect for an airline pilot and a tour bus driver should never be in correlation. Money will be paid, and money will always be made on air travel...regardless of the OIL price (it may just be in the form of an executive bonus, but the money is still made). So how do we make it clear to the people--whom will always be paying these fares--that the two individuals in the front of the tube are extraordinary humans that will wisk them from one point on God's green earth to the other in the fastest, safest, and most economical manner possible because they are battle-tested, FAA scrutinized, and self-critical, perfection-driven professionals? We unite, but we do it in a respectful way. Don't crap on you brothers to make the point. I am truly happy to be here.

Semper Fi!